The excellent catering and hospitality services at Babington House School are provided by Holroyd Howe and prepared in the school kitchen.
All pupils enjoy lunch daily:
• The food is freshly prepared using seasonal ingredients, many of which are locally sourced.
• The luncheon, which includes a choice of hot main courses or a vegetarian option, pasta dishes or jacket potatoes is served with seasonal vegetables or salad and accompaniments.
• We have a selection of main courses including classic, traditional and favourite dishes as well as new ideas/trends to try.
• There are tempting homemade hot and cold desserts, homemade yoghurt pots with freshly prepared jellies and fresh fruit baskets.
• We also serve a varied selection of baguettes, wraps and sandwiches.
Enhancing pupils' knowledge and understanding of food, nutrition and sustainability goes hand in hand with providing a nutritious, balanced meal.
Our pupils also enjoy the many themed days thought up by the catering team, many of which have been tied into subjects and topics being explored in class.
Our food philosophy is based around healthy and fresh wholesome ingredients. We endeavour to promote nutritionally sound and innovative healthy options. Every term Tasting Tables are offered, giving pupils the opportunity to try foods in different formats.
The Catering Team recognise that there are an increasing number of children who suffer from allergies and intolerances. Additionally there are many children who have food preferences; this may be for many reasons including religion and beliefs or lifestyle choices. We try to ensure everyone’s needs are met and no nuts or sesame are used in food production on site at Babington. However, some items are manufactured in environments that also handle some of the 14 listed Allergens and so we class these food stuffs as May Contain, and make everyone aware. As well as Foundation Food Allergen training for every team member, we have have 5 of our 8 strong team who are Allergy Champions and there to assist the staff and pupils to make safe food choices.
“Pupils are encouraged to think for themselves”
“Pupils demonstrate high levels of self-discipline and resilience and the ability to persevere.”
“You can’t have a life without art, how dull would life be”
Head of Art
“Pupils record considerable success in extra-curricular activities.”